Subject: Re: ? Dorothy Kirsten & Richard Tucker "Love Duet Act I" La Fanciulla del West" - YouTube
From: Les Mitnick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 5 May 2014 04:08:46 +0000

Buoso:
I too have come to appreciate Albanese's art. She somehow manages to persuade her listeners with a voice that is very peculiar indeed. There's sometimes a "feeble" and "wizened" sound; sort of bleached out, old sounding, with virtually no liquidity. But maybe it's just me. I felt this way when I first heard her as a seventeen year old and by that time she was in her last years with the Met in the early 1960s.