Subject: Re: ? Dorothy Kirsten & Richard Tucker "Love Duet Act I" La Fanciulla del West" - YouTube
From: tom ponti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 4 May 2014 16:31:33 -0400

Very nice!  My favorite of her pop songs is Do Do Do what you done done done before, Baby! Great arrangement and lots of fun.  You wouldn't guess she was an Opers singer hearing these songs.  She is fabulous in the Thias duet with Merrill!  I was at her final Met performance, when she came out of retirement for the Tosca with Bergonzi and Mc Neil.  She was in excellent voice,  sounding 10 or 15 years younger than she was at the time.  I love the way Bergonzi kisses her and brings her to the front of the stage for another solo bow.  Great and classy singers, both of them!  She was in her 60's, Carlo and Mc Neil were in their 50's!  Perhaps one of the oldest Tosca casts at the Met, sounding so good?