Subject: Re: Bravo Brownlee!
From: "Mitchell, Katalin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 4 May 2014 13:56:47 +0000

 I was appalled yesterday afternoon listening to lovely Olga, flat after
flat notes and passagesŠ.then in the great duet she went sharp!  Wonders
never ceaseŠ the best part was her telling the listening audience how
wonderfully she thought she was singingŠ can't she hear herself? I always
wondered about thatŠ

It is such a pity because I was in the house a week ago in the evening and
she sounded perfectly lovely, and I was pleased to discover a new bel
canto voice; their duets were near perfection.  So maybe she was just
having a bad day (even if she did not think so) and this was a fluke - but
boy was it hard to listen to! I actually shut off the radio before the
last note ended because I could not bear itŠ.