Subject: Re: ? Dorothy Kirsten & Richard Tucker "Love Duet Act I" La Fanciulla del West" - YouTube
From: Tom Israel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 4 May 2014 01:26:10 -0400

I fully agree with Les Mitnick about the artistry of Dorothy Kirsten. She
remains my all-time favorite soprano, one whom I never tire of hearing - not
only in her relatively few operatic roles but also in operetta and pop
songs. Her duet album with Richard Tucker is available in the boxed set of
discs that Sony recently released to honor Richard Tucker, and it's a
delight. The various duets she recorded with Robert Merrill are also quite
stunning.
Unfortunately her recorded legacy doesn't represent her as completely as it
should have. Fortunately a PREISER CD contains most of the arias she
recorded for RCA and Columbia. On stage she also proved herself to be a very
fine actress.

---