Subject: Eulogy For Mortier
From: Genevieve Castle Room <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 2 May 2014 16:07:32 -0400

Blogger 'Opera Cake' wrote:

"He was a man who saw opera as a vector to further humanize our lives,
to question our certainties, doubt our principles, and bring more
nuances to our lives, more beauty and more tolerance... He was
incessantly trying to democratize opera and pluck it from the claws of
those rich who see in opera just an entertainment value..."

Read here:

http://opera-cake.blogspot.com/2014/03/gerard-mortier-nest-plus.html

I honestly cannot relate to anything he says in this piece.

GCR