Subject: Re: Future Met seasons (was Roberto Devereux)
From: DMWagner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 1 May 2014 21:45:57 -0400

KF Vogt should NOT sing Tannhäuser or Siegmund. Lohengrin, sure. Parsifal, ok. But the heavier roles require a bit of *baritonale* edge, and it's Vogt's distinction that - freakishly for a Helden- or even a Jügendliche - he lacks this completely.

I'm not saying every Tannhäuser or Siegmund has to be Vinay - but he shouldn't have Vogt's albino sound either.

Oh and yes - good to see some MEFISTOFELEs!

-David

Sent from my iPhone