Subject: Re: Pets and opera
From: Daniel Tritter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 16 Nov 2012 10:44:55 -0500

addenda:

dog walking in manhattan....frequent companions of decades ago.
frank gullino, assistant concert master of the nyphil.
kurt adler, met chorus master and his dalmatians.
grete stuckgold wagnerian soprano and her smooth dachshund.
eleanor steber and her corgik, mimi.
nycopera baritone bill  metcalf and his boxer, max.
stage director bliss hebert and his dueling cats,
  schicchi and tanya, succeeded by a dog named birgit.
my soprano ex-wife with a singing smooth dachshund named
  ajax, then wirehaired wolfgang, wirehaired baba the turk
  (a bearded lady), and one of their progeny, ch. nonesuch
  nick shadow (a true devil), and our recently departed
  mini wirehaired dachshund, mr. scratch (the devil in
  douglas moore's "the  devil and daniel webster")

dft