Subject: Re: Pets and opera
From: "Lourdes T. Fernandez" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 16 Nov 2012 10:28:14 -0500

My brace of English Setters made their operatic debut in the NYCO
production of XERXES. That duo was Ch Bourbon With A Splash(Splash) and
her 9 month old daughter Bourbon's Obsession, call name Salome. Several
years later. another brace was called on, Ch Bourbon's Dragonfire
(Drago) and his littermate, Ch Bourbon's Redemption(Angelica). A much
older Salome was called upon as cover for one performance when Angelica
was at a show.

Mostly my girls have the operatic names. I have tried to use one or two
words in the registered names to describe the character that the dog is
named for. I have campaigned Ch Bourbon's Temptation (Dalila), Ch
Brasswinds Forbidden (Isolde), Ch Boubon's Capriccio (Madeleine), Ch
Bourbon's Rendezvous (Amelia), Bourbon's Bedevilled (Marguerite).

I am currently campaigning GCh Bourbon's Taboo, daughter of Forbidden,
and her name is Eva.

They listen to opera and classical music from the whelping box to the
dog room and in the van on the way to shows. I think it makes them
smarter. Many, many years ago I had one dog that left the room when I
played my Callas albums-no taste that one.Humph!

Lourdes T Fernandez
Bourbon English Setters
Bronx, NY