Subject: Re: Ticket Issue with Los Angeles Opera
From: Kirsten Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 4 Apr 2012 23:18:34 -0700

Although I have my own gripes against LAO especially about late seating but
this ticket policy - how is their different from say, the Met or other
theaters?

Most of the theaters, if they do offer "design your own" series they are
available at later dates than the regular subscription dates and these
design series do not offer subscription discounts although some houses may
offer exchange privilege. I thought it is fairly common that people exchange
tix out of their subscription to fit their schedule. In fact in San
Francisco I almost always end up exchanging most of my subscription tickets
(I have Friday evenings which give weekday pricing plus subscriber discount,
then there's privilege of exchanges to other operas at no extra cost, I can
look at the seating chart and select my own seat I want to exchange into,
can print the tickets at home when buying extra tix).This year they allow
you to drop one opera from the full series and allows you to exchange up to
three at the time of renewal which is nice. Are you unhappy that you cannot
exchange until the May?