Subject: Re: ARTISTS' EVENTS!!
From: Ron Magnuson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 5 Apr 2012 18:06:33 -0400

On Apr 5, 2012, at 5:55 PM, Alan Goldhammer wrote:

> This is another one the seems to come up once or twice a year.  I've been to
> more sporting events (and watched them on television) than I can count and
> have seen countless interpretations of the Star Spangled Banner.

I suffered through a "country" rendition today for the Detroit Tigers' opening home game that would be considered cruel and inhuman treatment for Gitmo prisoners.  She scooped and caterwauled through it with that little hitch in the voice that country singers love to overuse and ended up on a cadence sung in falsetto.  I weep for my country.

Ron Magnuson