Subject: Re: METROPOLITAN OPERA CAST CHANGE NOTICE
From: Jim Bodge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 5 Apr 2012 09:27:02 -0400

Satiric intent noted and much appreciated.  Still - the set for the
Schenk RHEINGOLD was the least satisfactory of that production.  No
one in the upper reaches of the house couldd see Valhalla or the
Rainbow at the end.  And every time something "magic" happened the
lights got very dark so we couldn't see it well (Alberich as dragon,
Erda's arrival, et al).  Thank you Mr. Schneider-Siemmsenn.

LePage fails in different ways, but the old way had its problems, too.

Jim Bodge

--
Jim Bodge

You really only need two things:  Duct Tape and WD-40.  If it's
moving and it shouldn't, use duct tape.  If it won't move and it
should, use WD-40.