Subject: Re: Cutting Peter Gelb Some Slack
From: Evan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 5 Apr 2012 08:08:38 -0500

On 4/5/2012 7:25 AM, Bruce Prentice wrote:
> Can the Met do that?  Can they bring back the Schenk Ring production?  Did they save the sets and costumes...if so, doesn't that imply that someone at the Met (if not Gelb) had the sense to save it all, just in case?

If they saved it I was assume it is to rent all or pieces of it out.  If
the new Ring does not  please, I don't think the answer is to resurrect
that which was worn and played out. If one misses it, buy the DVD.
Perhaps keep the machine and the beautiful imagery but have a better
stage director decide what to do with the performers. I believe poor
blocking and stodgy story telling is my major issue with the machine.

EG