Subject: Re: An unpublished historical recording that will blow your socks off!
From: kurt youngmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 29 Mar 2012 10:47:56 -0500

On Mar 29, 2012, at 9:48 AM, Bill Ecker wrote:

> I have been presenting one by one a group of Jewish singers of the Holocaust
> era on my blog.  Based upon the number of hits on the Ottilie Metzger-
> Lattermann, it looks like the project is appreciated.  Today, the post is on the
> Viennese coloratura soprano Melitta Heim and I provide a sound file of her
> version of "Der Holle Rache" where she blows the doors off the high "F" in the
> coloratura.  This is from a 1913 unpublished Odeon and we offer in a noise
> reduced file for your personal enjoyment.  I recommend you put on your
> seatbelt with shoulder strap before you play the clip!

Heim is also represented on Mike Richter's "Stars of David" CD Rom. There are two selections: J. Strauss's "Voices of spring" (1911) and "Ah, forse e lui...  Sempre libera" (1913, in German).

> http://oldmusicautographs.blogspot.com/2012/03/omg-coloratura-soprano-
> and-we-bet-youve.html
>
> If the full clip does not link, copy and paste the entire link in your browser
> window.

Or use: http://tinyurl.com/c4466hp

Metzger, too, appears on "Stars of David" in four selection recorded 1907 - 1910.

I'm trying to reach Mike by telephone to request permission to share the links. If he gives the OK I'll post them later

Kurt Youngmann