Subject: Ring Ring Ring at the cinema
From: Robert White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 31 Mar 2012 10:07:01 -0400

Friends,

I bought my tickets yesterday for the documentary and the  encore performances of
the Ring.  The schedule in USA is very much affected by the movie market which
shifts into high gear on Memorial Day (Last Monday in May)  It's still a little odd
to have an encore Ring spread out over 12 days.

Metsite infol
http://www.metoperafamily.org/metopera/liveinhd/ring-hd-encores.aspx?icamp=RINGHDint&iloc=HDpageleftnav

The list of theatres in Northern New Jersey is about 1/3 less than normal: no
Secaucus, West Orange, Wayne, East Hanover.

The Great Performances at the Met website as of yesterday still did not have dates
for the PBS transmission, but my guess is that the PBS will be broadcast either in
July (unlikely as that is very close to the movie play dates) or September. There is
at least one current season transmission  each month  (2 in June-- Faust and
Enchanted Island)  except July and September.

There is also coordination  with global transmission which will go on throughout the
summer (UK is end of June and first week of July-- two Sat. Sun combos together)
and the rebranded Met Opera on Demand (formerly Met Player) generally gets new HD
content every month.  Keep watching that, as it closely matches the first PBS
transmission.

And if Gelb does the full circle my guess is a holiday gift package of Ring DVDs or
they may come as the promotion for next spring (2013) Ring.

rww
--
Robert W. White
Executive Director