Subject: Re: Helen Traubel
From: Tom Israel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 30 Mar 2012 22:34:04 -0400

Helen Traubel certainly ranks as one of my all-time favorite singers. Not
only is she remarkable in Wagner; she also excels in various other types of
music.
I wish PREISER RECORDS would release a third Helen Traubel disc with some of
her lighter recorded material, which has been so neglected. I'd suggest
several of her religious selections, her very lovely group of Negro
spirituals, a few of the folk songs and ballads, the Viennese waltzes, and
the delightful "Songs of the Gay Nineties."

Late in her career she recorded a group of popular songs that I think are
beautifully done, especially "September Song" and "Poor Butterfly."

Tom