Subject: Re: Another Miracle at the Met!
From: Mike Begley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 30 Mar 2012 08:12:30 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Liebert
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2012 6:08 PM
To: [log in to unmask]

I thought I saw that they reduced some prices on unsold tickets to the Manon
Premier.  Gelb thinks he's running an airline.

Oh, goody!  Maybe next season we'll have attendants pushing beverage carts
up and down the aisles (at least in the orchestra) - but no free sodas!
Make sure you pay attention so you can pass a beer to your seatmates!
Maybe we can recruit new patrons from the baseball crowd!   Quick, schedule
Casey at the Bat!   And maybe the Met can get a hold of the rights to the
Marilyn Monroe/Joe DiMaggio libretto from "Smash" - get Elton John to
compose the music!   That would actually be the most exciting production of
the coming season!

"Hi, this is Peter.  Could you guys down in the technical departments check
whether we can use our current Aida production to stage the Elton John
version?  Got to bring in new audiences!"

"As general manager, I want the board to understand I AM trying to balance
the budget!  I just made a huge savings - Placido Domingo has agreed to
prepare the 2013-2014 season new production of Falstaff for free, thanks to
my efforts!"

Could someone check whether the members of the Met Board are all conscious?

Regards,
Mike Begley