Subject: Re: Question on performance protocol
From: Jim Bodge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 18 Dec 2011 20:38:49 -0500

Ms. White fell some 8 feet from a platform that I believe is
surrounded by scaffolding.  Mr. Pape and Mr. Kaufmann were the
nearest to this event and in the heat of the moment must have thought
something even worse was happening.  They can hardly be faulted for
not standing on some rule of protocol.

As a professional actor, I will say that in the normal scheme of
things the Stage Manager is indeed in charge and one always does what
she or he says.  But if you think someone is being hurt or worse, or
you see what looks like a fire - you don't wait for word to get to
the Stage Manager's desk.

Jim Bodge

--
Jim Bodge

You really only need two things:  Duct Tape and WD-40.  If it's
moving and it shouldn't, use duct tape.  If it won't move and it
should, use WD-40.