Subject: Re: SF "Don Giovanni"
From: Dominic A <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 27 Oct 2011 15:11:32 -0400

Lucas Meachem is one of the most bland, dry, boring singers I have ever
heard, and it's shocking that he sings at the Met, SFO, Chicago, etc.  His
weight or whatever other concerns you have about him are irrelevant---his
capabilities as an artist are what matters, and they are severe.  But of
course, if the Met says he is a star, who are we to disagree?

Anyway, if the video on their website is any indication of its quality, the
production looks and sounds just downright awful:

http://sfopera.com/Season-Tickets/2011-2012-Season/Don-Giovanni.aspx#media-videos

I mean... this is San Francisco Opera we're talking about.  This isn't some
podunk city.  This is one of the world's most important houses.