Subject: Virginia Zeani
From: Ariane Csonka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 26 Oct 2011 21:59:29 -0400

I am happy to report that Virginia Zeani had a lovely celebration of her
86th birthday, with some 50 people gathered at the Iron Horse Country Club
to honor her.  Oddly enough, few of them really understood who and what she
is; they simply admire her as an extraordinarily beautiful lady who lives
among us, possessing an impressive presence and generous charm.  Two of her
current students sang, with the intense focus, technique and phrasing which
she gives to all her students.  It was a minor tribute, compared to many she
has received, but heartfelt.  Virginia is simply unique, and I am very proud
to call her my friend.

Some Listers enquired what has become of Marilyn Mims; sadly, since she was
Virginia's student and friend, she was not present.  But she lives and
teaches in the West Palm Beach area.

Regards to all,

Ariane

The Young Person's Guide to the Opera