Subject: Re: Best Tristan Recording
From: Jim Bodge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 26 Oct 2011 07:48:53 -0400

Scott:  Almost all the recordings under discussion are uncut.  The
most prominent that DOES take some cuts would be any of the Melchior
sets, whether with Beecham and Reiner at Covent Garden, or with
Bodansky or Leinsdorf at the MET.

The Boulez video from Osaka that I mentioned (Nilsson, Windgassen,
Hotter) does take the nasty big cut in act two that used to be
universal outside Bayreuth.  The third act is uncut.

But all the commercial (or near commercial sets) since the
Furtwangler/EMI set of '52 are uncut.

Praise be,

Jim Bodge

--
Jim Bodge

You really only need two things:  Duct Tape and WD-40.  If it's
moving and it shouldn't, use duct tape.  If it won't move and it
should, use WD-40.