Subject: Best Tristan Recording
From: Scott Tisdel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 25 Oct 2011 20:01:49 -0700

I've been enjoying the Tristan recording thread, especially since I haven't
heard many of the versions discussed (shame on me!).

I would like to ask a slightly different question:  What is the best Tristan
recording that is also uncut?  I don't like hearing cuts in this opera even when
performed live, and I certainly don't want to hear cuts in a studio recording.
 That is, unless the recording is truly extrordinary (perhaps Furtwangler
qualifies).

Thanks,
Scott Tisdel