Subject: Edita Gruberova
From: Alley Cat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 16 Oct 2011 21:06:46 -0400

Just wanted to chime in on Edita Gruberova---

About 5 years ago, I was visiting Vienna and decided to get an impulse
ticket to the Vienna Staatsoper for Lucia di Lammermoor, which Edita was
singing that night. This was my first ever opera and it changed my life
forever. She had me spellbound from the first moment and her duet with the
flute during the mad scene sent chills down my spine. I was stunned that she
was in her 60's because she so perfectly captured the young girl character
of Lucia.

Ever since that night, I have seen my share of bad, ok and great
performances but nothing will ever equal that magical moment for me.

I was hooked on opera since then and I am lucky enough to live in NYC so
that I can indulge in the Met's offerings and learn more about this great
artform.

Edita will always have a very special place in my heart as the singer who
got me to experience the magic of opera. Her magic was timeless to me.

:)