Subject: Gruberova "Roberto Devereux" in Tokyo; Operas in Greater Tokyo
From: NAKAMURA Akira <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 28 Sep 2011 23:00:20 +0900

While it seems as if everyone on the list was writing about Anna
Bolena at the Met, another belcanto masterpiece by Donizetti, namely,
Roberto Devereux is performed in Japan by the Bavarian State Opera.

I attended its second performance on September 27.  Before I review,
let me correct one factual error that I made (there may be more....)
in my review of "Roberto Devereux" in Yokohama.  There I erroneously
wrote that [Gruberova] would be 66, but of course Edita Gruberova is
still 64 years young.  Mea maxima culpa!