Subject: Re: Youtube- Kaufmann as I heard him last night
From: hermine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 30 Apr 2010 17:30:46 -0700

At 09:16 PM 4/29/2010, Premiere Opera wrote:
>Here is Jonas Kaufmann singing the Flower Song at the recent La Scala
>opening night. He sings it here almost exactly as he sang it at the Met last
>night: wonderfully!! The high Bb can be heard here exactly as described:
>soft, crescendo, diminuendo.
>
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8rNEuiyQ70

there is no doubt that this fellow is a hottie who can sing, and i
may be in love with him... but I have almost worn out the speakers
listening to him and the consensus of opinion between my right and
left ears is that he is not a TENOR. So i asked my internal beast,
what about that baritonal quality in Caruso, you don't seem to mind
THAT! and the beast said, yeah but nobody actually accused Caruso of
being  baritone, or handed him libretti full of baritone roles. So
then I asked Roger if this guy sounded like a tenor and he said no.
Said he had oh that deeper colouring of a baritone.