Subject: PAGLIACCI/SCHICCHI in CT
From: JOHN DEREDITA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 30 Apr 2010 12:44:04 -0700

Sorry for late notice of our Connecticut Lyric Opera double bill of PAGLIACCI and GIANNI SCHICCHI.  It's a felicitous coupling of two operas involving commedia dell'arte, and the hilarious Puccini will send the audience away laughing.

Our premiere is tonight at Trinity-on-Main in New Britain, 8 p.m.  I know of one opera-lister who'll attend.  Anyone else can come to Garde Arts Center, New London, Saturday 8 May, 7:30 p.m.; Middletown High School Saturday 15 May, 7:30 p.m.; or Palace Theater, Waterbury, Sunday 23 May, 6 p.m.  CLO is now the statewide Connecticut opera company, in our seventh season.

I'm a tenor in the PAGLIACCI chorus (difficult to sing--I've become a real Leoncavallo fan).  We have very professional casts:  Dan Kamalic (Canio and Rinuccio), Jurate Svedaite (Nedda and Lauretta), Chad Karl (Tonio and two SCHICCHI roles), Maksim Ivanov (Silvio), Jason Ferrandino (Beppe and also in SCHICCHI), Luke Scott (GIANNI S.) et al.

Please ask me for directions to any performance.

Tardily yours,

John

John Deredita