Subject: Re: Jonas Kaufmann as Don Jose
From: Lloyd Hanson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 29 Apr 2010 18:50:47 -0700

Any time a male singer is able sing a high note, crescendoing from soft to loud back to soft without a noticeable difference in tonal quality that singer is not using falsetto.  By the way, that feat is called a mezza di voice.  See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messa_di_voce

But of course, Ed, you know that.

Lloyd W. Hanson