Subject: Re: Swapping operas in the repertory
From: Basia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 29 Apr 2010 11:41:30 +0200

There is also 'Macbeth' by Ernest Bloch.

Further:
Romeo & Juliette/I Capuletti e i Montecchi

Tristan & Isolde/ Le vin herbe (Frank Martin - love this one very much!)

Orfeo & Euridice

Barbiere di Sevilla (Paisiello!)

And what about "Cavalleria Rusticana' by Domenico Monleone?
It was played in NL in 1907 together with the one by Mascagni. Both operas
were conducted by their composers.
Monleone was accused of the plagiarism and changed the libretto (to the same
music) and called the opera 'Il Mistero'. It was another story by Verga.

Greetings from the warm and sunny (for the last time) Amsterdam,
Basia