Subject: Re: Jonas Kaufmann as Don Jose
From: Premiere Opera <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 29 Apr 2010 19:53:22 -0400

Which to me proves beyond a doubt that the note was not falsetto, as I have
heard a few folks say.
Kaufmann is a wonderful breath of fresh air on the Met tenor roster. Next
season he is only singing Walkure, and no Italian or French works!

I feel sure he will be singing Werther at the Met very soon. His
performances in both Tosca and Carmen were big standout highlights for me
this season at the Met. I do not think there is anything he cannot do
vocally, and dramatically he is utterly compelling and intense.

Best,
Ed

--
www.premiereopera.com