Subject: Re: Opera Singers Reading Music
From: Clarissa Cheer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 1 Apr 2010 23:59:36 -0400

Barbaja the great nineteenth century impresario from Naples Italy, (inventor
of the cappuccino) apparently went outside into the hills and grabbed young
men who were herding sheep and put them into the opera to sing. When they
found how much money they could make singing they soon learnt how, by just
listening. During the golden age of opera, many singers could not read
music. And that included the rich and famous opera singers.

Clarissa