Subject: Remarkable Site xpost
From: Beckmesserschmitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 6 Apr 2010 07:29:44 -0400

Through another group, I have become aware of a great site I would
like to share with you. It is related to the University of Michigan at
Ann Arbor, and it gathers over 120 years of concert programs (and
photos) from everyone who came there, starting in the 1880s. Because
this was a major university town, you have the cream of the crop:
programs by Carreno, Seidl, Rachmaninoff, Spalding, Hess, you name it
among instrumentalists. Virtually every singer of note of the century
who was singing in this country seems to have stopped off there to
give recitals (including Zinka, who appeared with another Kunc), so I
won't even begin to name names, but you can access EVERY program, and
there is a search function as well.

It seems to me a really wonderful resource, and worth a good deal of
time, since we are talking here about performers (including orchestras
and major conductors, of course) on national tours.

The site is here

http://ums.aadl.org/ums/programs

On this one, I don't have to say, "Enjoy". You will.

Beckmesserschmitt