Subject: Marcelo Alvarez speaks up! (was Re: Tenor Marcel Alvarez critizizes Domingo)
From: Sergio da Silva <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 10 Feb 2010 08:51:12 -0500

Here is a link to the complete interview:

http://www.larazon.es/noticia/4055-marcelo-alvarez-placido-deberia-dejar-sitio-libre-ya-pago-su-hipoteca

The issue here is the reporter maliciously got what he said of Domingo and
made it the title of the interview when he should have concentrated on
"Alvarez sings Andrea Chenier" or something along these lines.
There are other interesting points in his interview, he said he is not
afraid to speak up, so he goes down hard on Zeffirelli for the Dessi debacle
but more importantly he said he is not singing in Madrid for 5 years, or
rather, when Gerard Mortier leaves he comes back!
So in the context what he said of Domingo is fine (although I don't agree
with him), it is his opinion. It is just unusual for opera singers or any
artist to be so direct.
As a matter of fact, if I were the reporter, I would have entitled the
interview as "Marcelo Alvarez speaks up!".