Subject: Re: Trilling in Thirds xpost
From: Donald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 14 Feb 2010 23:37:10 -0500

While a student at Peabody in the late '70s, I met Flore Wend, a member of
the voice faculty for many years, Ansermet's L'Enfant and one of his Yniols.

One day, she demonstrated how she coulod trill on intervals as high as a
sixth (or more, I don't remember).  She would slowly sing the interval,
establishing in our ears the two notes; then double the speed and then full
trill.  I swear I could always hear the distinct pitches of the interval.

Donald