Subject: Re: Measha Brueggergosman - "Concert" singer?
From: Jerry Braunstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 13 Feb 2010 23:20:00 -0500

I aw and heard her several years ago as Liu in a Cincinnati Opera production
of TURANDOT. She sang beautifully, with AMPLE voice, and had a great success
with the audience. as to the WHY?, I can only guess. She was rather, shall i
say, a large woman. It did not bother me, and I would love to hear her
again, but I wonder about casting directors.

Jerrt B

inconsistent? Does she not like/or does not study full opera scores (I've
read that she has performed Micaela in CARMEN and in some contemporary
operas)? Does she have another impediment to being hired that may not be
apparent?

Thoughts?

Best, Karl Ufert