Subject: Re: John Alexander (formerly:: new york and snow..and John Alexander)
From: David Shengold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 10 Feb 2010 23:42:55 -0500

Hi David

Almost all of what you described started place in the 1970s- the NYCO
Bacchuses (1974->) and Walther (1975-6), the Cincinatti LOHENGRIN (1974), a
part he repeated on the Met stage and tour 1977.

He did DIE FEEN in concert at NYCO, 1982 or so, and tehn flew in to do it in
Europe, a performance issued on CD.

I heard him sing a very impressive Hoffmann again in San Francisco in 1987-
not entirely "past it"...

Cheers- David Shengold