Subject: Re: Hey out there in operaland......anyone home?
From: Rory Reagan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 10 Sep 2009 22:17:51 -0400

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 18:03:33 EDT, [log in to unmask] wrote:

>Folks, is it me or has there been no activity on this  list?     Has my
>lease run out?   What's going  on?
>
>Can anyone answer?

We'll be a few days. The bus driver got confused and dropped us off
at "Opreyland."

There's a great passage in the movie "Ray" which is about country music, but
which I think is generally applicable to opera: "I love the stories....Uh, you
know, about fallin' in love, and having love knock you around, and then the
pressures of the world get on you so tough....It... lt makes you feel small. You
want to give your soul to God."