Subject: Re: Patricia Racette: ON's Cover Girl / Radvanovsky in Trovatore
From: "stuart meadows (wanderer)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 14 Sep 2009 19:30:59 -0700

How refreshing to read someone enthusing about a current singer! I was also glad to see the recent positive posts about Radvanovsky in SFO's Trovatore.
I am making a special trip to SF next week to see three operas, Racette in Trittico, also seeing Trovatore and Seraglio and look forward to it immensely!
Makes such a nice change from the ususal "So-and-so was nothing compared to Tebaldi/Callas/Corelli/Tucker/ insert name of dead/retired singer from 40 or 50 years ago" that one constantly sees on online opera forums, I find that sort of thing sooooooooooo boring and depressing.
Thanks again to you and Janos and Kirsten.