Subject: Re: opinion
From: Paul Ferraro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 2 Apr 2009 13:52:47 -0400

I was quite impressed by his Cavaradossi, from Seattle last year.  Friends
who saw his Pollione in Baltimore recently have reported that Mr. Porretta
is a true Italian spinto - the type that we have been missing since Corelli
& Tucker stopped singing.  He sings with strength, passion & intensity &
possesses ringing, solid top notes.  About time the Met hired the man!

DonPaolo