Subject: Les Huguenots at Bard
From: [log in to unmask]
Date:Sun, 29 Mar 2009 10:13:56 EDT

I just got the brochure for Bard's Summerscape Festival, and am intrigued
that they are doing Les Huguenots July 1-August 5.

Does anyone have any more information about this? Who might the singers  be?

I read that they have hired Thaddeus Strassberger billed as "winner of  the
2005 European Opera Directing Prize" who will be working "in collaboration
with the Spanish photographer and filmmaker Eugenio Recuenco" Does anyone  know
the work of these two gentlemen? Does this portend a Eurotrash or high  concept
production?

It would be wonderful to see a good performance of Les Huguenots a
masterwork that was once one of the bulwarks of the repertory. But as I  think about
it, if I were given unlimited powers of casting today, is it  possible to cast
this opera? What would be an "ideal" cast today? Calling Melba,  Nordica, and
the De Reszke brothers!

Still, I find the prospect of seeing Les Huguenots a thrilling thing.

James Camner
steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220439616x1201372437/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID
%3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62)