Subject: Re: Villason (now Freni) now von Karajan
From: [log in to unmask]
Date:Tue, 31 Mar 2009 10:17:13 EDT

Maybe I'm wrong, I've never been there..........but..........isn't Salzburg
significantly smaller than the MET?   I would think that that would  make a
big difference.   Freni, for example, could pull off an AIDA in  a smaller house
than at the MET or another large theatre.

Could the fact that a recording was also in the mix have been a  factor?

Jim Lamb
Staten Island, NY