Subject: Re: Seattle Ring & McCall Hall
From: Helene Kaplan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 30 Mar 2009 17:54:21 -0400

I've seen the Ring from Gallery Upper, close to my regular subscription seats,
and I agree that these are a terrific place to both see and hear the opera.
Since the gallery rises from the floor to connect to the first four rows of the
most expensive seats in the house.  I prefer to sit at the far sides of these
four rows.

I've also seen it from the Second Tier Center, the top section, and I loved the
way it sounded. Another place I like very much and for which I have Ring
tickets this year are the Second Tier boxes.  There's a hollow chamber to the
far side of the boxes, and I love the reverb.

My silver cast subscription is on the far left aisle of the Second Tier Sides
about 1/4 up.  I love the sound in those seats, but there's not great for
people who really want to be up close.

The only seats I don't like are the ones that are covered, which are the mid-
back rows of the first tier (covered by the second tier) and the back of the
orchestra.

Helene Kaplan
Seattle/Vancouver