Subject: Re: Seattle Ring & McCall Hall
From: David Rosenbaum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 30 Mar 2009 15:46:08 -0400

 I can't speak to any location other than where I sat for the last Ring cycle: Gallery upper. These seats are on either far side of the orchestra, but they rise gradually from the orchestra floor, so you're actually close to the stage but looking down. I thought the sound was great, and at the time, the price was reasonable (cheaper than the good orchestra seats). Plus, it seemed to be angled in a bit, so you didn't have to turn your body to see the stage. And, of course, unlike the actual orchestra seats, you can see down into the pit.

These are not at all like the side boxes at most opera houses, such as the Met. The viewing angle is much better, and there's no overhang swallowing up sound.