Subject: L'Elisir
From: Terri Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 29 Mar 2009 17:25:17 EDT

Vargas sang Nemorino in San Francisco and he was delightful.  However,  he
was indisposed for one performance and Adler Fellow Alek Shrader sang for one
performance.  Alek has one of the most beautiful tenor voices I've  heard in a
long time, I was told he was fabulous.  He's also one of the  participants you
will see in the Met HD "The Audition".

And it was an updated L'Elisir set in rural Napa Valley circa 1920's  or so -
very charming production.

Has  Ramon Vargas disappeared? To me he used to sing the role beautifully.
Has  something happened to him?

Hope they don't up date this opera like  Sonammbula!

Clarissa

steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220439616x1201372437/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID
%3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62)