Subject: Re: Tosca at the Zurich Opera xpost
From: Basia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 30 Mar 2009 20:07:34 +0200

I saw the production twice in Antwerp, some 15 (?) years ago and I
_loved_ it!
It was brilliant, clever, logical and very consequent.
Carsen is the one who "invented" the idea of theatre at the theatre
(remember his Hoffman in Paris?). He is also the one who uses
reminiscences of (old) film diva's en refer to the old movies.
He is one of the very few stage directors I truly admire.

best wishes from the sunny (spring at last!) Amsterdam,
Basia