Subject: Re: My Personal Ranking of Strauss Operas
From: Andrew Cooper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 2 Dec 2008 16:52:44 +0000

My ranking is rather different from that of Jim Stevenson
<[log in to unmask][1]>, although, like him, I have Elektra at #1,
FrOSch at #4, Daphne at #9 and Helena at #12!  Maybe I'm the only
lister who doesn't care much for most of Rosenkavalier.

1.  Elektra
2.  Capriccio
3.  Ariadne auf Naxos
4.  Frau ohne Schatten
5.  Salome
6.  Arabella
7.  Schweigsame Frau
8.  Rosenkavalier
9.  Daphne
10. Feuersnot
11. Intermezzo
12. Helena

I don't know the following well enough to be able to include them:

Danae
Guntram
Friedenstag

  --