Subject: ARTISTS' EVENTS!!
From: bob dilley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 2 Dec 2008 10:59:04 +0100

Forsooth Opera Lovers!

Today we can celebrate the birthdays of:

Jorg Demus (1928)
Irena Arkhipova (1925)
Rudolf Friml (1879-1972)
John Barbirolli (1899-1970)
Peter Herman Adler (1899-1990)

Also, the following works premiered on this date:

Donizetti's "La Favorita" (1840)
Aubert's "Le Domino Noir" (1837)
Saint-Saens' "Samson et Dalila" (1877)

Let us remember the following artists who passed away on this date:

Paolo Tosti (1846-1916)
Jules Bastin (1933-1996)
Dinu Lipatti (1917-1950)
Aaron Copland (1900-1990
Vincent D'Indy (1851-1931)

The quote for today is: "Do you know why conductors live so long?
Because we perspire so much."  John Barbirolli.

As always, a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our birthday artists for today
and all forum members who share their birthday with them.

ARTISTS' EVENTS salutes these artists for their enduring
contributions to the world of classical music.

In memory of primo tenore Mario Lanza (31 January 1921-7 October 1959).

Pace e Gioia,

Bob Dilley
GAUDEAMUS IGITUR