Subject: Re: Bernard Herrmann's Wuthering Heights
From: [log in to unmask]
Date:Mon, 1 Dec 2008 08:41:13 -0500

On Sat, 29 Nov 2008, don warner saklad <[log in to unmask]> asked:

> Are there any DVDs?..., videos?... of the opera Wuthering Heights by
> composer Bernard Herrmann?...

There is one audio-only recording done in 1966.  It's out of print now (I think
the publisher, Unicorn, also merged with some other corporation).

> For the vocal and orchestral music scores for the opera Wuthering Heights by
> composer Bernard Herrmann what are the publishers?... ISBN10s and ISBN13s?

The orchestral score has never been published.  The vocal score was published
by Novello in 1965 and has been out of print for many years.  Unless there
is some groundswell interest in the work, there is little chance that it will
be republished.

Using Worldcat.org, I see there are copies in Boston University and Loeb
Library at Harvard, so you should be able to see one.

     blog:  http://www.nypl.org/blogs/bob-kosovsky
   Listowner: OPERA-L ; SMT-TALK ; SMT-ANNOUNCE ; SoundForge-users