Subject: Re: The Giordani Phenomenon
From: Idia Legray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 1 Dec 2008 17:14:43 -0500

Dominic A:
I very much agree with your assessment of Giordani -- a tenor I happen to
like, but I felt like you -- that the role of Faust called for a much more
beautiful sounding voice.  Roberto Alagna immediately came to mind but I was
told by a knowledgeable poster on this list that it was not a role for his fach.
Then you mention the spectacular voice of the new and wonderful Piotr
Beczala and I breathed a sigh of relief.  There's a perfect fit!
Just PERFECT!