Subject: Wow!
From: John Austin Davies <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 1 Dec 2008 16:02:21 -0500

Hello all,
     Wow! Let me begin by saying, I am absolutely BLOWN AWAY by all the
kind and generous responses Iíve received to my request for help finding
recordings of my father, John Davies. Then again, I really shouldnít be too
surprised. Opera folks, after all, passed through the Davies family home all the
time when I was growing up, and they were among the most kind and quality
people youíd ever hope to meet. Your kindness and eagerness to help has
reminded me of the best of them.
     My brothers and sisters were also all very excited to hear of your
finally get to find out what Dad actually did for a living. It was hardly a joke
though when we were growing up.  Dad, of course, was gone for weeks at a
time, all the time, when we were little and, though Mom tried her best to tell
us, it never really dawned on us what exactly he did and why he had to be
gone all the time. Itís kind of sad, but my sister actually thought he lived at
the airport. My brother, not to be outdone, told his fourth grade class that he
worked for the local hockey team which is - now that I think of it Ė hardly
farther fetched than the reality. Well, we may be old enough to have finally
poked through the air of mystery surrounding Dadís job but, needless to say,
we are extremely excited none the less. I plan to make compilations out of
whatever I receive and make certain itís all ready for Christmas. It will sure
make such a memorable family gift! So, for the 10th (but not the last) time,
thanks so much!
     Before I forget, I actually had a very simple reason for posting. One of you
had mentioned that Iíd neglected to provide my e-mail address in my last
post. So, without further adieu, here it is: my email is
[log in to unmask] And please know Iím working on more thorough and
more personal replies to all the thoughtful responses my first post has
received. So, if you havenít gotten one yet, please donít mistake my tardiness
for disinterest. :-) Quite the contrary! Just so that I donít waste anyoneís
time, Iím making absolutely certain I give good responses with answers to all
your questions. And, with that, I'll get back to it.
      Bye for now!

Very Warmest Regards,
John A. Davies