Subject: Dramatic soprano Teresa Burchi – who was she?
From: William Melvin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 7 Dec 2008 15:07:06 -0500

I'm doing research on performances of the Ring in Italian and French, and have found a cast
list for a 1917 Walküre (Walkyria/Walchiria/Valchiria) at Buenos Aires' Teatro Colón.  The
great Gino Marinuzzi is the conductor, Carmen Melis (one of the first full-recording Toscas,
later Tebaldi's teacher) is Siglinda, Fanny Anitua is Fricca, and Marcel Journet is Wotan.
Brunilde herself is taken by a certain Teresa (Teresina) Burchi, upon whom I've found little
information.  Who was she?