Subject: Re: The New Met Gift Shop
From: BIg Fan Sue <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 7 Dec 2008 09:10:02 -0500

I was also very disappointed. It looks very nice and it is more opened up but
only because of the lack of merchandise. I was looking for the "one of a kind,
exquisite" merchandise Gelb mentioned. I did see the same quality pencils, tee-
shirts, mugs, etc. for more money. I use to look forward to visiting the shop
and buying something when attending an opera. I could not find one thing to
spend my money on. Lack of Christmas items was also a disappointment. The
CD's and DVD's can all be purchased on the internet for less and same with
the few books.
I also saw some of the same framed authorgraphed photographs with no
prices on them  -- probably they are more money now, too.
Hopefully it will improve.